The Ohio 5th Congressional District, which encompasses most of northwest Ohio, will hold a contest for high school-aged artists, who live or go to school in the district. The artwork will be displayed at Owens Community College with the winning entry sent to an exhibit at the U. S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. For more information, contact your school art department or call 419-422-7791. The deadline is Monday, April 25.
Each student is allowed one entry. Eligible artwork includes the following:
- Paintings: oil, acrylics, watercolor, etc.
- Drawings: pastels, colored pencil, pencil, charcoal, ink, markers
- Collages: must be two dimensional
- Prints: lithographs, silkscreen, block prints
- Mixed Media: use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, etc.
- Computer-Generated Art
All entries must meet the following criteria:
- The submission must be two-dimensional.
- If selected as the winning piece, it must arrive in Washington, D.C., framed.
- The submission must be no larger than 26 inches high, 26 inches wide, and 4 inches deep, including the frame.
It also must have a wire attached to the back suitable for hanging on a wall.
- The submission must not weigh more than 15 pounds.
- The submission must be original in concept, design, and execution and may not violate any U.S. copyright law